Which coffee beans should you choose?
“Different types of coffee beans have more or less acidity”. “If you have a sensitive stomach, as can happen during sports participation, you should look for coffees with low acidity.”
Generally, beans grown on higher ground, such as those from Kenya, tend to be more acidic than ones from ﬂat plantations such as those in Mexico. However, acidity is lessened through roasting so the darker the better. That is why our coffee at Griind Coffee tastes so great = low acidity = 100% Arabica Beans.
According to the Food Standards Agency there are approximately 100mg of caffeine in your standard cup of brewed coffee (70mg for instant), and 400mg a day is a perfectly safe amount to ingest.
The two main types of coffee are Arabica, which contains 0.8 to 1.4 percent caffeine, and Robusta, which offers 1.7 to 4 percent caffeine. Arabica beans are favoured because of their smoother, less bitter taste. They account for about 80 percent of all coffee produced. This is also why we at Griind Coffee make use of Arabica beans. It just tastes better…
Which coffee is best for cycling?
Caffeine levels can vary considerably between coffee types. Here are values for some of the favourites at Costa, a UK coffeehouse company:
- Best pre-ride: Double Espresso; 185mg caffeine, 6cal, 0.4g protein, 0.8g carbohydrate, 0.2g fat.
- Best mid-ride: Medium Americano (with a splash of skimmed milk); 277mg caffeine, 18cal, 1.6g protein, 2.6g carbohydrate, 0.3g fat.
- Best for recovery: Medium Mocha (with full fat milk); 75mg caffeine, 301cal, 10.7g protein, 57.4g carbohydrate, 11.3g fat.
Caffeine addicts, rejoice! If you’re a coffee lover, and you’re always looking for different ways to enjoy drinking your coffee, then you’re absolutely in the right place. Why? As you scroll through, you’ll find 10 different ideas to help you enjoy coffee; that special (and magical!) aromatic drink.
- Coffee in waffle cones. Yes, this is the latest trend in the world of coffee. It looks too good to be true, but it exists!
- Iced coffee. Because there’s nothing better to sip on when it’s hot outside; caffeine and a sweet delicious taste.
- Affogato. It’s a dessert that consists of vanilla ice-cream and a shot of espresso coffee. Need I say more?!
- Coffee in cookie cups. That’s the best of both worlds; hot delicious coffee and crunchy yummy cookies!
- Macchiato. An espresso coffee drink, with the addition of a small amount of foamed milk. Nowadays, it’s considered a new classic coffee drink!
- Coffee slush. This is what happens when you combine coffee, ice, caramel sauce and vanilla ice-cream! So, so refreshing!
- Iced coffee cubes. Just imagine a cup full of iced coffee cubes, alongside a cold glass of milk, which you mix together to enjoy mouthwatering flavors.
- Cappuccino. A favorite to many, this hot coffee drink has become so popular, and it can give you the perfect caffeine fix you need!
- Turkish coffee. Arabs are known for their love of Turkish coffee; they even have rituals for drinking it every day!
- Cold brew coffee. Forget the whipping cream and any other add-on’s, cold brew coffee is the real deal if you want a refreshing, cold coffee drink!